A fence is often the best way to contain and control pets in the yard. A good fence will keep your pets safe, while making your yard look great. If you’re worried about how much of a hassle it could be to hire a fence company, though, this article can help you make up your mind.
If you love your garden, then you probably love your pets too. But that doesn’t mean that there are no risks involved in keeping your pets and garden together in such close proximity. For one thing, a determined pest might be interested in your pet too. But more importantly, if your animal roams the fence line and falls into the pond in your garden, it can sometimes drown before you get there to help it out.
The good news is that this is not a likely situation. But it’s still a good idea to keep dogs and other pets out of the water, especially if you have small children or are elderly. And there are several ways to make sure that your pets can play safely and comfortably in your yard while they’re not at home.
It’s also important to make sure your pet is safe from wildlife as well as from other people who might have access to their yard. Here are some tips to keep your pets and garden safe.
“I need a fence built around the house.” This sentence will send shivers of fear and nervousness through anyone who hears it. With a fence comes responsibility, overgrown hedges and property issues to deal with. You will have to call in woodchucks, tree slugs, and other insect friends to help if you don’t hire a company that handles the task for you. Here are some key points to consider when hiring a fence company.
- Do your research: Read online reviews and talk to your neighbors who own fences. Don’t just rely on the word of a contractor. Look for a fence company that has been in business for a while, is well known, and has positive reviews. Getting good performance reviews will lead you to trust the people they have hired to work with them. This will make the job easier for you, and your fence won’t turn out.
- Ask for References: It sounds a bit silly, but don’t just pick a fence company at random. Make sure you ask for references from previous customers, and don’t just call people who have fences made by the company in question. You should talk to people who have used their services before so that you can get an idea of what to expect. Of course, the fence company you are using might not have any references if they are a new fence company. If that is the case you should ask the company why not, and if they can’t come up with a good reason to explain why they don’t have any references then don’t use them.
- Don’t pick a fence company that just gets the job done cheaply: When you say cheap, it means more than fifty dollars less than their competitors. You might think you’re getting a deal, but you will soon regret it. A cheap fence company that does a crappy job won’t last long, and you will end up having to call them for more work.
- Check out the company’s website:This is very important. Don’t just call their number, don’t just ask someone who works there, and don’t just talk to them on the phone. You should go online and check out their website first. This will give you a good idea of what they are all about. For example, you will see if they update their site or if they don’t. This can tell you a lot about the fence company. If you see no updates on the website, and it’s really outdated, then don’t even bother using them. They have probably forgotten how to work a computer as well as how to install fences properly.
- Ask for a written, free quote: You don’t want to be treated like a customer by just being called up and spoken to. You should be given some kind of estimate before they start the work, even if you choose the company. Of course, there is no need to accept this estimate because you want them to do the job right instead of cheaply.
- Make sure they can do what you want them to do: This is extremely important, especially if you are going to be having any kind of custom fence built.
- Consider the company’s experience and reputation. A good fence company will be able to provide references from previous customers on request.
- Make sure that the materials being used are suitable for your needs and local climate conditions.
- Consider whether the fence is needed for security or aesthetic purposes.
- Confirm the payment policy (is it up front, by credit card, by invoice?) and ensure that you are comfortable with it. Confirm the warranty period and ask if there is a financing option available.
- Look into other services such as regular maintenance, cleaning, repair and replacement of broken or missing fencing components.
12.Confirm the company’s availability.
- Avoid any fence company that is unwilling to talk about the length of time it will take to install your fence.
- Avoid any fence company that won’t discuss this with you should be put on your list of companies not to consider.
A fence installation is a big project and the amount of time it will take to complete can vary greatly, depending upon what type of materials are used, how complicated the design is and if extra digging or grading is required. Numerous vendors offer fence repair services, but only a few are worth considering. So you must consider the above points when comparing different providers.