When it comes to wedding programs, there are a lot of different ways to go about it. You can choose to have a simple folded program, or you can get creative and come up with something more unique. If you’re looking to save money on your wedding, you may be considering doing the DIY folded wedding program yourself. Is this possible? And more importantly, is it worth it? In this blog post, we will explore the pros and cons of DIY folded wedding programs, and help you decide if this is the right option for you.
How to Make Your Own DIY Folded Wedding Programs
Making your own DIY folded wedding program is actually not as difficult as you might think. With a little time and effort, you can easily create a beautiful program that will impress your guests. Here are some tips on how to make your own DIY folded wedding program:
- Choose a quality paper stock for your programs. This will ensure that your programs look professional and elegant.
- Use a template to help you design your programs. This will save you time and hassle in the long run.
- Print your programs on a high-quality printer. This will ensure that they look their best.
- Be sure to proofread your programs before printing them out. This way, you can catch any mistakes and correct them before it’s too late.
The Basics of How to Fold Your Wedding Programs
Now that you have your programs printed, it’s time to learn how to fold them. The most important thing to remember is to be gentle with the paper.
Folding your programs in half will give you a nice, clean look. Start by folding the paper in half lengthwise. Then, fold it in half again width-wise. Once you have a small square, fold it in half diagonally so that you have a triangle. Finally, fold the triangle in half so that you have a small rectangle.
If you want something a little fancier, try accordion folding your programs. Start by folding the paper in half lengthwise. Then, make evenly spaced folds (about an inch apart) across the width of the paper. Once you have a long, skinny rectangle, fold it in half so that all the folds are facing inward.
Both of these folding methods will give you a professional-looking program that your guests will be able to easily read and hold. So don’t be afraid to DIY your wedding programs! With a little practice, you’ll be folding like a pro in no time.
Types of Folded Wedding Programs
There are basically Three types of folded programs.
- Accordion fold
A single sheet of paper, usually rectangular in shape, that is folded in half. The most common type of folded wedding program is the single fold. This is a simple fold that results in a program that is two panels wide and four panels long. To create a single fold, simply fold your paper in half lengthwise.
A trifold wedding program template is made up of three panels that are all the same size. To create a tri-fold, start with a piece of paper that is twice as wide as it is tall. Fold the top third of the paper down towards the center and crease. Then, fold the bottom third of the paper up towards the center and crease. Finally, fold the entire program in half so that the three panels are stacked on top of each other.
An accordion fold program is made up of a series of panels that are all the same size. To create an accordion fold, start with a piece of paper that is twice as wide as it is tall. Fold the top third of the paper down towards the center and crease. Then, fold the bottom third of the paper up towards the center and crease. strip of paper that is first folded lengthwise and then into even intervals across its width. After folding, the strip is then folded in half so that all the folds are facing inward.
Why DIY Folded Wedding Programs Might Be a Good Option For You
- They can be less expensive than purchasing programs from a vendor
- You have complete control over the design and layout
- You can personalize them to match your wedding theme or style
- They can be made using recycled materials
- You can make them as simple or elaborate as you want
If you decide to DIY your folded wedding programs, here are some tips to get you started
- Use a heavy weight paper so it will hold its shape when folded
- Print your text on both sides of the paper for a professional look
- Use a bone folder or other blunt object to crease the folds
- Be creative with your design- use different colors, patterns, and embellishments to make them unique.
Folded wedding programs are a great way to add a personal touch to your wedding ceremony. With a little time and effort, you can create beautiful programs that will be cherished by your guests long after the big day is over.
Examples of DIY Folded Wedding Programs
Examples of DIY folded wedding programs can be found online and in many wedding magazines. Use these as inspiration for your own designs, or follow their instructions to create your own unique programs. With a little creativity and some elbow grease, you can DIY your way to beautiful wedding programs that will save you money and impress your guests.
Pros and Cons of DIY Folded Wedding Programs
There are pros and cons to any decision you make for your wedding, and DIYing your programs is no different. Consider the following before you decide if DIYing your programs is the right choice for you:
Pros: Save money, add a personal touch, impress guests
Cons: Takes time and effort, may not look as professional as store-bought programs
Weigh the pros and cons carefully before deciding if DIYing your folded wedding programs is the right choice for you. If you have the time and energy to put into it, DIYing can be a great way to save money and add a personal touch to your big day. But if you’re short on time or not confident in your crafting abilities, it’s probably better to leave the program-making to the professionals.
How to Print and Assemble Your DIY Folded Wedding Programs
Now that you’ve decided to take on the challenge of making your own folded wedding programs plain menu cards, here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get the job done.
- Print your program text on heavy cardstock or paper. You can print at home using a good quality printer, or take your file to a local print shop.
- Cut out each individual program. Use a sharp craft knife and a metal ruler to get nice, clean cuts.
- Score the fold lines with a bone folder. This will help create crisp, professional-looking folds.
- Fold along the scored lines and secure the programs closed with tape or glue.
- Add any embellishments like ribbon, confetti, or stamps before sending them off to your guests.
If you want to do your own wedding programs, it is possible. You will need a good quality paper and a printer that can handle the weight of the paper. You will also need to be able to fold the paper correctly. If you are not confident in your ability to do this, there are many resources available online that can help you. Once you have everything you need, it is simply a matter of following the instructions and taking your time. With a little bit of effort, you can create beautiful DIY folded wedding programs that will impress your guests and save you money.